What stories and secrets are buried in your mobile?
What stories lie in your phone memory? Perhaps the last message you received from a relative who passed away, the first text your child sent you, a text that broke your heart, a text that fixed it, a text that bought you good news or bad...or simply a message you don't want to forget. Share a story you want to see grow, or one you want to let go... will they be TEXT MESSAGE RIP or TEXT MESSAGE VIP?
Terms and conditions
The TEXT ME project explores how we can collect, curate and share the stories of our recent digital past.
Have you a text message you regret sending or receiving or one that you treasure? If so, share your message on one of the three TEXT ME mobiles. Links above. T and C apply.
Please make sure your stories are submitted anonymously. Thank you.
TERMS and CONDITIONS
Copyright and other Intellectual Property
1) Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it, including licensing that material to other websites.
2) Until you are 18 years old, by using TEXT ME, you certify that your parents have or legal guardian has consented to your use and agree to these terms on your behalf.
3) By sharing and uploading any contribution (including any text or audio-visual material) with TEXT ME you agree to grant to TEXT ME, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants in any existing or future media worldwide (including the TEXT ME web site which can be accessed by international users) and in perpetuity. You waive any moral rights in your contribution in order to permit TEXT ME to edit your material as appropriate. You also grant to TEXT ME the right to sub-license these rights to third parties. We won’t use your content for commercial purposes but we may use your content to promote our platform
4) In order that TEXT ME can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own, is not defamatory and does not infringe any relevant local, national or international law or incite or encourage the contravention of any such law, that you have the right to give TEXT ME permission to use it for the purposes specified above.
5) You agree to use TEXT ME only for lawful purposes and in a considerate and responsible way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of TEXT ME.
Prohibited behavior includes:
- harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person
- transmitting defamatory, libelous, racist, obscene, pornographic, indecent
or offensive or menacing content which could cause anxiety to anyone else
6) The text messages and voicemails you submit must be anonymous. All names must be removed. Any other personal information ( including phone numbers, addresses and work details) in which either party could be identified must also be removed.
7) If you do not want to grant TEXT ME the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution to TEXT ME
8) If at any stage you wish to remove your contribution, please contact Victoria Mapplebeck with details of the text that you wish deleted and the phone number from which it is sent. e: TextMeProject@gmail.com
Collection and use of personal data:
Your right to privacy is important to us. The following terms are provided to explain how we collect and use information about you so that you can make an informed choice about using the Website.
1) Personal data will not be stored or captured on TEXT ME without the prior knowledge and consent of Users.
2) TEXT ME is part of a RHUL research project, and the collection and storage of data complies with College’s research ethics and data protection policies.
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER